BBQ Cornish Lobster tail and skewer with rosehip glaze and fermented Green Tomato Sauce | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
BBQ Cornish Lobster tail and skewer with rosehip glaze and fermented Green Tomato Sauce
- COOK TIME: 15 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Hard
- SERVES: 2
250g Pork shoulder, sinew removed and diced.
Lobster claws and knuckles.
50g Ginger peeled
50g Red onion
12g Garlic, chopped
2g Chilli powder
2g Garlic powder
2g Garum masala
1g Fenugreek powder
5g Rapeseed oil
5g Lime juice
Lobster tail for grilling
Green Tomato Sauce
500g Tomatoes – including trimmings.
1 Dash of Tabasco
50ml Orange Juice
Pinch of Salt
25g white wine vinegar
To finish the sauce
500g tomato water
50g Baby Spinach
100g Green Tomatoes
¼ tspn Citrus Kosho paste
1 tbspn Tomato dashi
¼ tspn Xanthan gum
1 x lemon zest
5g fresh ginger
1 x cardamom
Baby Heritage Tomatoes
Tomagino red cherry tomatoes
Yellow cherry tomato
Orange cherry tomatoes
- Aurea Coeur de boeuf tomatoes
We are delighted to host our first recipe from Michelin Starred Chef Mark Birchall from Moor Hall Restaurant using our Kasai Grill Mark has created the most beautiful lobster dish that really showcases how well shell fish can work for bbq.
- 1 Native Lobster approx. 550g – 600g
- Start with a large pan of water. Large enough to fit the lobster in. Using a temperature probe bring the water up to 85°c and keep it a that temperature. Peel and slice one onion, half a head of celery, 1 head of fennel, 1 bay leaf, small bunch of fennel, a handful of parsley and 10 black peppercorns.
- To prepare the lobster. Take a knife and cut through the centre of the head. Then using a towel wrap around the tail and twist to remove the tail from the head. Remove any green correl.
- Put a fork handle through the lobster tail to keep it straight whilst cooking.
- Put the claws in the water when it reaches 85°c. Cook for 3 minutes. Then add in the tail and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, take the lobster out of the water and let it rest for 5 minutes. After it has rested cool in the fridge.
- Crush the onion and ginger the combine with the garlic and pork in a bowl. Crushing the onion and ginger will release the juices which will tenderise the pork during marinating.
- Mix the spices with the oil and lime juice to create a paste the add to the pork with the salt. Marinate for minimum of six hours, or overnight.
- Grind the mix in a mincer then add the chopped lobster claw and coriander.
- Mould onto skewers and refrigerate for a couple of hours to firm up.
- Brush with oil and grill for 3/4minutes on each side then glaze with the rosehip before serving.
Tomato water method
- Blend all the ingredients to a course paste then strain through a cloth. You will be left with a clear liquid. Reserve.
- Blend the all of the ingredients apart from the xanthan gum until smooth then pass through a fine sieve. Next with a hand blender mix in the xanthan gum and discard any foam.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until soft. Infuse for 12 hours then strain off. Reduce the liquor to a thick glaze and season with a touch of chardonnay white wine vinegar reserve.
- Take the Baby Heritage Tomatoes and discard any green stems/leaves, then use a small sharp knife to cut out the eye of the tomato (where the stalk meets the fruit).
- Place 10 tomatoes at a time on the cooling rack and blowtorch the skin so it blisters and peels off. This should take no longer than 5 seconds per tomato.
- When they have all been blowtorched the tomato skin should easily peel off. Do not refrigerate.
- BBQ the lobster tail on Kasai Grill, then glaze with the rosehip, serve alongside the lobster skewers and the tomatoes