Mulled Wine | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Chris Holland Mulled Wine Sous Vide Christmas Recipes
- COOK TIME: 2hrs
- PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Medium
- SERVES: 2
- 1L Red wine
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp Cloves
- 1 tbsp All Spice
- 1 Orange rind-remove white pith
- 1 Lemon rind-remove white pith
- 6 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 Nutmeg-grated
Back to Recipes
- Pre-heat your Sous Vide to 85°C.
- Place the sugar in a pan and start to caramelise, add the rest of the ingredients and allow to bubble until the sugar is dissolved together with the wine and spices.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool then place in a pouch and vac-seal. If you have an external vacuum sealer vacuum seal using a zip lock bag.
- Now, put the pouch in the water bath for between 1 and 2 hours.
- Remove the liquor from the pouch and strain off.
- Serve straight away or refrigerate until needed.