Sous Vide Bacon and Gruyere Egg Bites | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Bacon and Gruyere Egg Bites
Chris Holland Sous Vide Bacon and Gruyere Egg Bites Other
- COOK TIME: 1 Hour
- PREP TIME: 5 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 6
- 6 eggs
- 50g grated gruyere cheese
- 55g cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 slices of cooked bacon, halved
- Sous Vide Water Bath
- 125ml Canning Jars with two part lids
Back to Recipes
- Preheat your water bath to 77.8⁰C
- Place the eggs into a blender along with the two cheeses and the salt. Blend until fully combined and until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency
- Take your halved slices of bacon and place one piece into each jar. Evenly distribute the egg mixture into the jars, on top of the bacon pieces
- Put on the lids and fasten securely, but not too tightly!
- Transfer the jars to your preheated water bath and allow to cook sous vide for one hour
- If eating immediately after cooking use a butter knife to gently ease the bites out of the jars. To add a little colour you can sear the bites with a blow torch
- Alternatively, submerge the unopened jars into an ice bath before transferring to a fridge for up to two weeks.
Chef’s tip –
Whether you’ve lots of mouths to feed or you just can’t get enough of them, sous vide egg bites are perfect for cooking in large batches. Simply double or treble the ingredients until you have the quantity you need.