Sous Vide Egg White and Roasted Pepper Egg Bites | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Egg White and Roasted Pepper Egg Bites
Chris Holland Sous Vide Egg White and Roasted Pepper Egg Bites Other
- COOK TIME: 1 Hour
- PREP TIME: 5 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 6
- 6 egg whites
- 55g cream cheese
- 110g cottage cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted red pepper
- 2 finely chopped spring onions (green parts only)
- Sous Vide Water Bath
- 125ml Canning Jars with 2-part lids
Back to Recipes
- Preheat your water bath to 77.8⁰C
- Transfer the egg whites to a blender and add the cheeses, salt and pepper. Blend until fully combined and the mixture reaches a smooth consistency
- Evenly distribute the mixture amongst the 6 jars, adding a teaspoon of the chopped red pepper into each.
- Divide the spring onions into 6 and add to the jars. Use a butter knife to combine the mixture and distribute the fillings
- Put on the lids and fasten securely, but not too tightly!
- Transfer the jars to your preheated water bath and allow to cook sous vide for one hour
- If eating immediately after cooking use a butter knife to gently ease the bites out of the jars. To add a little colour you can sear the bites with a blow torch
- Alternatively, submerge the unopened jars into an ice bath before transferring to a fridge for up to two weeks.
Chef’s tip –
Whether you’ve lots of mouths to feed or you just can’t get enough of them, sous vide egg bites are perfect for cooking in large batches. Simply double or treble the ingredients until you have the quantity you need.